Profile player soccer from Barcelona FC:
- Full Name: Lionel Andrés Messi
- Place of Birth: Rosario, Argentina
- Date of Birth: June 24, 1987
- Height: 169 cm.
- Weight: 67 Kg.
- Position Players: Striker
- Squad Number: 10
- Club Football: Barcelona
- National Team: Argentina
Former legendary players as well as Argentina coach, Diego Maradona, says Messi is the successor to himself. Messi himself often being compared to players who led Argentina to the 1986 World Cup was.
Messi started the first professional football career with Barcelona after it was joining the junior team of Newell's Old Boys.
Messi with Barcelona debut was in the 2004-2005 season and the record as the youngest player to play and score goals in La Liga.
In his first season at Barcelona, Messi helped lead El Barca won La Liga, and the following season won the doubles title is La Liga and the Champions League. In the 2006-2007 season, Messi scored a hat trick on goal Real Madrid in the 'el classico' and scored 14 goals in 26 matches.
In the Argentina national team, Messi won the Junior World Cup title in 2005 and in 2008 won the Olympic Games in Beijing. Together with senior Tim Tango, Messi diving debut on August 17, 2005 at the age of 18 years 54 days.
STATISTICAL DATA LIONEL MESSI:
- 1995-2000: Newell's Old Boys 2000-2003: Barcelona
- 2000: Barcelona C played in 8 games and scored 5 goals.
- 2004-2005: Barcelona B play in 22 games and scored 6 goals.
- 2004-present: Barcelona played in 185 games and scored 18 goals.
National team career:
- 2005: Argentina U20 played in seven games and scored 6 goals
- 2008: Argentina U23 played in five games and scored 2 goals
- 2005-present: Argentina played in 64 games and scored 18 go