7double.com

Sunday

Essien eyes Europe success in Spain



Michael Essien has claimed it would be a great achievement to win the Champions League with Real Madrid.

The dynamic midfielder was positive about being reunited with Jose Mourinho after moving from Chelsea on transfer deadline day, but admitted he was surprised to have moved to Madrid.


"When I returned to Chelsea I never imagined that this could happen, but football is full of surprises," Essien said.

Essien, who recently became the first Ghanaian player to feature in El Clasico, told Marca.com: "It's no secret that Jose Mourinho has had a huge influence on my career since I arrived in England.

"So when he showed an interest in bringing me to Madrid I did not hesitate at all. One minute I was preparing to play in the Super Cup in Monaco and the next I was packing to travel to Madrid.

He continued: "Mourinho expects his players to work hard, and he always demands the most of them. He aspires to win all competition, he is a winner and he will always be a winner."

Essien won the Champions League with Chelsea last season and he hopes to help Madrid record a 10th European trophy.

"It would be a great achievement for the club and for city, and it would also be great, at a personal level, to win two consecutive Champions Leagues."

ads

Ditulis Oleh : Unknown Hari: 10:21 PM Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment